Old 11-17-2016, 07:39 PM   #29
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Sporting Elite II (5th)
G: Dan Hutchins
D: Malachi Robinson/Ricardo Viana/Tom Thorne/Kashif Siddiqui
M: Fraser Logan//Lewis Hook/Mason Hirst/Peggy Lokando
S: Ellis Remy/Nico Thongvivat

13 - Robinson with the throw-in to Remy deep in their territory. He gives it back and Robinson crosses to Thongvivat's high-rise header for the score. 1-0

53 - Beale in for Hook

55 - Bullshit penalty called on Siddiqui, but Hutchins makes the brilliant stop!

67 - Joao replaces Logan

72 - Exceptional intercepting header by Viana, capping a counter that sees Beale out to Robinson on the wing. Our attacking FB just barely manages to stay in-bounds and sends it forward to Thongvivat. The shot's deflected by the keeper, but t goes nowhere, and Thongvivat sinks his own rebound. 2-0

77 - Beale is everywhere here, making passes and a key interception, including a pass to Robinson on the wing again. This time it's short lateral to Joao for the pass to Thongvivat's hat-trick header from just outside the six-yard box! 3-0

90 - They launch a counter on a cleared corner, and it's there dude dribbling untouched all the way down the pitch, but there's Siddiqui one on one challenging him all the way on the left side and winning!!!

Everyone who played except Lewis Hook had at least a 7.0, and all full-times starters racked up 7.2 or higher. 7.5+ standouts: Peggy Lokando (7.9), Mason Hirst (7.8), Malachi Robinson (9.0), and PotM Nico Thongvivat (9.5).

There's an intriguing opening that just came up, but I also kind of want to stay with what I have here and keep building the Rhinos. I'm torn. I'll apply anyway, and see what happens. I'm a 5-4 favorite, next highest being 100-1.

The interview goes well, and Burgess Hills Rhinos refuse to consider spending the money to upgrade the training facilities. We'll see what my potential new club has to offer.

@ Antsy Sports & Social II (5th)

12 - We're used to seeing Thongvivat attacking, but in this move, he shifts back to retrieve a ball and lays it forward to Lokando. The Congolese winger dribbles down the right side and crosses far post, where Logan charges forward like the Scottish Highlanders that were his ancestors, hammering home his first ever Rhinos goal! 1-0

17 - Lot of passing, capped by Hook flaring out to Robinson for the far post cross. Thongvivat muscles his way through the defender and the keeper, using his head and the crossbar to force in a score. 2-0

38 - Lokando slams a far post corner, and a whole group of players jump like Kriss Kross. Thorne is the winner and powers in his first ever goal for us!!!! 3-0

45 - Remy is tracked by two defenders, so he lays off to Hirst, who first touches to Thongvivat in the box. Two defenders? No problem getting the seconds before half second goal. 4-0

49 - Lokando's free kick is far post into space, and Thorne, who is having the game of his life, breaks free and sinks the shot! 5-0

72 - Thongvivat steals the ball from the defense and lays off to Remy, setting off a chain in passes ending in a back and forth between Lokando and Siddiqui, our Congolese winger getting the ball near the touchline and crossing near post, where Remy hits the short score. That's a Pakistani, a Congolese, and a Montsterratian triple for that beautiful team goal. I love my international player bias. 6-0

Our lowest player was Dan Hutchins with a 7.2. Next lowest - Ricardo Viana with an 8.6. Easily the most impressive game we've ever played in all my blowout wins in FM. 9+ guys: PotM Tom Thorne with an out of nowhere 9.4, Malachi Robinson with a 9.0, Peggy Lokando with a 9.4, Mason Hirst with a 9.1, Fraser Logan with a 9.2, and Nico Thongvivat with a 9.4.

That victory sets all kinds of records and moves us into 2nd place, but the first place team is a juggernaut, which hasn't lost in 13 straight league games. We're still 4 points behind them, so it's going to be difficult to catch them. Remember, only 1st place goes up in this league.

And then the offer comes. $7k. ...Wot? They won't offer more than $8k, so I walk away.

vs Portslade Athletic II (Mid Sussex Junior Cup Second Round)

12 - Hirst to Logan to Remy in the box, who is immediately gang-tackled by three defenders. The ball comes loose. You know what happens when you focus so much on our weaker striker? That's right - Thongvivat is there first and makes you pay. 1-0

15 - Lokando is knocked out on this rain day with an injury, and Dutchman Joao keeps the international flavor of our right wing going.

32 - Hirst to Logan for the pass into the box. Joao cracks a shot, but the post denies him. The keeper's still getting up when Logan charges down the rebound score into the empty net. 2-0

37 - Hook sprays it to the right wind, where Hirst runs the ball down and short passes in the box to Joao. Ground pass far side to Logan, and the defense tries to clear the ball. Unfortunately, it's right back to Logan and the Scotsman shoots a ball through a ton of traffic that goes goal. 3-0

38 - Robinson bails us out of two certain goals in a row. Shows why I've gone the flat 4-4-2 as our primary lineup this year.

48 - Just before the half ends, we're awarded a cheap penalty. Logan converts with ease for his first-half hat trick!!! Wow, has he come on lately! 4-0

51 - Robinson throw in to Hook and gets it back, then sends it in the box to Thongvivat and the cruising continues. 5-0

64 - Following a yellow card, Hook goes out for Beale.

73 - Robinson on the wing with the cross to Joao, but the counter-cross is headed away. Sadly for them, Logan is in position to get it and cross to Thongvivat, one hat trick hero creating another!! 6-0

Dan Hutchins' 7.4 was the lowest of the full-time starters. Next lowest? Ricardo Viena with an 8.6. 9+ guys: Malachi Robinson with 9.1, Mason Hirst with 9.0, PotM Fraser Logan with 9.7, and 9.6 for Nico Thongvivat, and 9.1 for Ellis Remy. Oh, and an 8.0 for Orlando Joao in relief of Peggy Lokando.

Are you sick of the dominance yet? I'm starting to be, a little, and even if/when the club goes semi-pro, there's not going to be hardly any money. Plus the grind is ugh. We lose Peggy Lokando for 2-3 months with a dislocated shoulder. That hurts - literally.

Small profit last month - just $368. I've also applied for another manager vacancy that looks a lot like this job will once we go semi-pro. Holy shit, or maybe not! When I applied initially, the payroll was $2,200. When I interview, they're willing to offer an $80k payroll!. Basically, they really want to push for title contention.

vs Danehill (10th)
M: Fraser Logan//Lewis Hook/Mason Hirst/Orlando Joao

25 - You had to know this kind of trap game was coming. 0-1

Gray replaces Thongvivat, who is having a dreadful game; Mastouras for yellow-card Thorne at half.

48 - Robinson throws in to Remy, who passes to Hirst, and his experimental shot cracks off the upright and in for his first ever goal for us!!! I have to say, the opposing goalie has been amazing all game, and even the announcers commented on it at half. We'll take this fluke. 1-1

63 - Remy to Hirst to Gray straight-line, our young Welsh kid savaging a kick just inside the box for his own first Rhinos goal! He breaks into happy tears after that one! 2-1

We were hit with three yellows in the second half, but grind out the comeback win on the back of PotM Mason Hirst, who has yet to put up a bad game for us - 9.0 here. Nyall Gray recorded an 8.2 off the bench, and Malachi Robinson and Ellis Remy each had 7.5s.

More importantly, Montpelier Villa III had their first loss of the season, putting us just a point behind them! I found out afterwards someone was in the stands to watch Nico Thongvivat, which may have accounted for his astonishingly rare ass game.

Unlike the previous job, where my entire staff was willing to move with me and I found roles for all of them, nobody wants to go along to this one. And their staff sucks something awful, so I'll have to get rid of them after I sign. ...If I sign. I'd actually take the $8k if offered to me, as this is a cool team name and logo.

And they're willing to offer me the same $8k deal until the end of the season. Looks like I'm packing my bags and moving!

...Hopefully I don't regret it like every other move up I've ever made.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote