Izulde
Head Coach

@ Oldland Abbotonians (9th)
G: Gareth Rees
D: Curtis Burrows/Tom Rowbotham/Ryan Talbot/Emmanuel Mensah
M: Sam Higgins/Paddy Griffiths
AM: Omarr Austin/Roy Horgan
S: Aaron Gibson/Tate Sheppard

We're running a lot of guys at 70s energy level simply because we've been so devastated by injuries and have four straight games on short rest. Nothing else we can do.

19 - Rowbotham intercepts and gives to Austin. On to Gibson and then to Sheppard just inside the box for the longish score, even though they're crying offsides. 1-0

20 - And of course the immediate pegback due to Talbot's fuck up.

Switching from the 4-2-4 to a 3-1-2-4 DM Wide at half, with Reynolds as the DM, Talbot out.

62 - Trego in for Horgan

82 - Griffiths with the gorgeous 25 yard free kick goal for his first ever score!!!! Time to live dangerously and spend third sub, with Ross on for Mensah. Just hope we can survive. 2-1

87 - Long buildup and constant passing around that culminates in Austin driving the ball through a defender to pass into box space. Gibson's the first one there, and he angles a shot in to guarantee our win!!! 3-1

8.2 and PotM for Paddy Griffiths, and matching 7.6s for Aaron Gibson and Tate Sheppard. I'm thankful we survived this without further injuries, and that we pulled out the victory with a stellar second half performance. Langford and Portishead have started off with 3 straight wins, so we're behind the pace, but it's a long, long season.

@ Witheridge (13th)
G: Gareth Rees
D: Curtis Burrows/Tom Rowbotham/Ryan Talbot/Emmanuel Mensah
M: Sam Higgins/Mark Reynolds
S: Carl Harris/Tate Sheppard

32 - Free kick lined up just out the box on the right side.. and Harris belts the shot in!!! Wow, that was soo pretty. 1-0

55 - Williams comes in for Rowbotham; Griffiths for Higgins

81 - Gorgeous sliding tackle by Griffiths to stop an attack. Horgan picks up the loose ball and plays a pretty pass forward for Sheppard, who is decked in the box, drawing a penalty. The keeper deflects Austin's shot, but the kid puts away his own rebound!!! 2-0

90 - Horgan's cross is deflected, but he runs forward to get it back and cross again, and this time, Harris's shot catches the keeper going the other way, locking this one up. 3-0

All full-time starters scored 7 or higher, the obvious leader Carl Harris with a PotM 8.8. Also breaking 7.5+ was Emmanuel Mensah, with 7.7.

vs Bishop's Sutton (4th)
D: Curtis Burrows/Tom Rowbotham/Jim Williams/Emmanuel Mensah
M: Sam Higgins/Paddy Griffiths
S: Carl Harris/Aaron Gibson

Staff keeps wanting me to do a 4-1-3-2 DM Wide formation, but that's expected for this level in every save I run, I've noticed. I really like our 4-2-4 I forced in due to injuries.

Oh, some side notes I forgot to mention last time: Cameron Friend and Tate Sheppard are favored personnel, but obviously I let Friend go. Here's how the All-Time Best 11 Cheesemen looks after last season:

Clearly they ran that most of last year before I came and started shifting things around. We'll also see large changes after this year - provided I'm still here, of course.

We need to find another ML/AML because Omarr Austin keeps getting run into the ground, and we're without Connor Leek for a whole year.

56 - Haynes in for Horgan; Sheppard for Gibson, and we switch to a flat 4-4-2.

58 - Austin sends it forward to Harris, who immediately has two defenders draping him, so he kicks back to Austin for the backfoot far cross to Haynes. Forward into the box, and *BAM* super-sub goal! 1-0

Sam Higgins was our most vital player last year, and he gets PotM here with a 7.9. Just missing the 7.5 mark was Emmanuel Mensah with a 7.4. Key off the bench is naturally Nathan Haynes with the game-winning goal for a 7.3. Exactly the kind of not great, but workmanlike win you need sometimes.

With the victory, we temporarily move into 1st (Langford has a game in hand on us), and a cool stat pops up: Tom Rowbotham leads the league in interceptions with 72 - 9 more than the second place guy. Clearly, a huge pickup this offseason, and someone who is already stabilizing what was a problem area for us last season.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote