View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 09:37 AM   #293
Sidhe
H.S. Freshman Team

Just a quick fore-note: Can anyone remind me where to find the button to take a guy off special teams is? Someone mentioned it recently and ever since I've been looking but can't find it.

To respond to the thread title, I love FOF8 already even with its little quirks. The depth chart bugs are enough to mess up a real career right now, so I'm still just messing around with it. In most respects, it feels good so far. I have always played the game as a true GM and haven't done much with the game planning aspect, but the new way of doing things looks very tempting to me and I may finally jump in.

I absolutely love that coaches have schemes. This adds a layer of interest to the Staff Draft which was otherwise pretty boring for me in the past. Now I'm always on the lookout for a guy who might be better at my preferred scheme, or considering whether making a switch would be worth it if some prodigy becomes available in a scheme I am not running. I think that Jim has added a lot of depth and interest to many areas of the game.

One issue I've noticed is that if you start a league with the lowest salary cap possible (I do this with a start date in 1950 so as to build up a long history before present day) you will still quickly get to modern salary numbers. So I've got a cap of $88M in 1960, but top QBs are already pulling in $15M. Looking at the numbers on this page we are already at the 2013 salaries, when the NFL had a cap of $123M. I wouldn't call this a bug, but it feels weird, and strains all the teams in my league, many of whom are over the cap. Does anyone have any experience with getting more realistic cap numbers and salaries in historic leagues? I don't think it's worth bothering Jim about right now as he's busy squashing bugs, but maybe some of you have run into the problem before and know something. I don't remember it being so far off the mark before, but I also don't recall what settings I used for the cap increase range. This time I didn't adjust it, and that has to be wrong.
Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote