Head Coach

vs Welton Rovers (2nd)
G: Gareth Rees
D: Jon Beeden/Tom Rowbotham/Emmanuel Mensah
DM: Mark Reynolds
M: Billy Frost/Jim Williams
AM: Omarr Austin/Roy Horgan
S: Carl Harris/Tate Sheppard

Absolutely critical game at this juncture of the season. We really need to win this one.

19 - Shocked by bad D? Me either. 0-1

26 - They just miss awarding us a penalty, but a foul just outside the box has Frost dropping the free kick inside to Sheppard for the easy equalizer. 1-1

36 - Mensah is really starting to piss me off. 1-2

46 - Just before half, Mensah throws in to Reynolds for the far post high ball that Austin snags and puts away past the unready keeper. 2-2

48 - Fucking giving up a hat trick. Fucking stupid. 2-3

49 - Enough of this shit. Burrows and Talbot in for Mensah and Rowbotham

What a complete shitfest of a game.

Transfer In - MR/AMR Liam Harris (20)
A huge shot in the arm to our right flank and so large an upgrade it's stupid. Mediocre physically, and not a true standout anywhere, but he's got stellar technical skills for this level.

We've dropped to a 3 way tie for 1st, leading only because of goal differential. Emmanuel Mensah is pissed when I chew him out for his lackluster form. Welcome to the bench, buddy.

@ Westbury (15th)
D: Jon Beeden/Ryan Talbot/Curtis Burrows
DM: Mark Reynolds
AM: Gregg Crane/Liam Harris

44 - Williams is being faced by three defenders just outside the box, so he lays off to Frost for the feed to Carl Harris. Easy score, and fuck the whiners about offsides. 1-0

60 - Williams moves to DM, Griffiths on at MC. Hughes slots in for Sheppard at S.

62 - WHO THE FUCK WERE YOU AIMING AT WITH THAT PASS, CARL HARRIS?! [b]1-1/B]

64 - AND NOW A FUCKING OWN GOAL BY REES?!?! 1-2

We didn't deserve to lose that one at all, and now we fall to 2nd.

@ Ashton & Blackwell United (Western League Les Phillips Cup Third Round
D: Curtis Burrows/Tom Rowbotham/Jim Williams/Emmanuel Mensah
M: Billy Frost/Mark Reynolds
AM: Omarr Austin/Roy Horgan

28 - Sheppard steals the ball in our half and dribbles, before playing it down the right flank for Reynolds. A couple passes later, Frost gives to Burrows, who passes to the touchline for Austin. Pass to Frost in the box, two dribbles, and the surprise shot goes home! 1-0

49 - HANG ON TO THE FUCKING BALL, REES, YOU SHITSTAIN! 0-1

51 - Their own keeper drops the ball, and Harris is first to put it away. Meanwhile, Talbot for Williams, Griffiths for Reynolds as we try to close out a fucking win. 2-1

54 - Beautiful run-down of an enemy throw-in by Griffiths and kick back to Rees to restart a move. Griffiths is also the one who wings to Horgan for the booming cross to Sheppard, and we finally look like we can lock up a game. 3-1

Shout out to Billy Frost, who has played amazing the last few games, despite our troubles. 8.4 and PotM here, with 8.0 by Omarr Austin, 8.1 by Roy Horgan and 7.8 by [b]Tate Sheppard, as every full-time starter other than Rees had 7.1 or better.

That said, I'm quietly plotting a move up, having found a team I'd like to join. The board catches wind of it, and tries to convince me to stay. I'm not interested in talking with them. I'll make my decision on my own, thanks.

Transfer In - DC Jerrome Sobers (31) (Dominican)
The strongest player I've ever seen in one of my clubs (16), with excellent heading/jumping talent and strong mentals. Very slow, however. But he does provide us a veteran presence if I stay.

And I do, because the new team tries to scam me on the job offer, paying me far less than what I make now. Assholes.

vs Caine (9th)
D: Jon Beeden/Tom Rowbotham/Jerrome Sobers/Emmanuel Mensah

7 - I'm not quite sure how the counter got started, but at the end, it's Mensah short pass to Liam Harris for the first touch to Sheppard just inside the box, and his savage strike sings home. The boys are really looking amped up today. 1-0

59 - Williams slots in for Reynolds

72 - Frost begged for a break, so Austin comes in for him.

Matching 7.8s for Billy Frost and Jon Beeden, with the latter winning PotM due to full-time status. 7.6 for Liam Harris. We could have won by more, but the victory is what matters, especially since it moves us back up to 1st on goal differential as we hit the halfway mark of the season.

Cut - ST Connah Hughes
That 4 Finishing really sunk him, and he had a grand total of one good performance for us. We found a better option, anyway.

Transfer In - ST Andrew Folan (23) - From Welton Rovers
Remember the guy who scored a hat trick against us? Well, we just stole him from the third place team after they beat us. He can finish and dribble (10), head the ball (11), and has the requisite double-digit Teamwork and Work Rate I look for. Welton Rovers was pissed we just stole their top scorer for nothing.

We made $564 last month, a cheering thought.

vs Keynsham (19th)
S: Carl Harris/Andrew Folan

30 - Frost side passes to Crane, and with four defenders around him, he kicks it far side, where Liam Harris sinks his first Cheeseman goal! 1-0

56 - Sheppard is on for Carl Harris, who is having a super horrible day, and Williams for Rowbotham

88 - Beeden fucking made a stupid pass and that cost us everything. 1-1

We should have kicked their asses. Fucking ridiculous to drop back to 2nd this way.

There was a club I really wanted to apply to, but I missed the deadline.

@ Devizes (13th)

35 - Reynolds jams it out to Mensah who cuts a 90 degree angle, dribbling into the box sideways before crossing to Carl Harris for the goal. 1-0

64 - Austin for Crane; Williams for Reynolds

90 - Charging interception by Sobers for the launch forward into space for Liam Harris. He dribbles, and when the defender closes in, delivers into the box to Folan, our shiny new striker using the space available to kick in his first ever Cheeseman goal!!!! Yes!!!! 2-0

Emmanuel Mensah proved me wrong today, powering an 8.4 PotM performance. Jon Beeden avoided killing us, and grabbed a 7.7. Billy Frost was his usual great self with a 7.9, and we're back up in 1st.

There's a clear Top 5 in the league this year.

Us - 43 points
Welton Rovers - 43 points
Langford - 42 points
Wells - 41 points
Portland United - 41 points
----------------------
Chard - 33 points

Big gap there.

Mark Reynolds will sit out next game due to a yellow cards ban.

vs Oldland Abbotonians (11th)

8 - We're awarded a controversial PK, andFrost puts it just above the keeper's outstretched arms. You da real MVP, Billy! 1-0

24 - Miraculously, we're awarded another PK! Frost drills this with ease. 2-0

43 - Frost shoots it right side to Liam Harris, who makes a great cross to Carl Harris. The shot's deflected, but Folan gets there to put it away! 3-0

60 - Eh, it's only one. 3-1

68 - Okay, now I'm worried. Burrows comes in as an Attacking WBR, replacing Liam Harris, and Griffiths replaces Williams. I'm going to flip my shit if we blow this. 3-2

70 - Burrows kicks back to Mensah, who forwards to Frost and on to Folan. A little dribble and then a shot I think will shank, but it finds the net! Between two scores this game and the insurance goal last one, I think it's safe to say his guaranteeing 6 points has officially paid the 3 he singlehandedly cost us. 4-2

90 - The announcers make note of Folan, gushing about "what a fine player" he is. Crane to Harris to Folan streaking in the box, and the 1 on 1 = hat trick!!!! 5-2

Every full starter had at least a 7, and the next lowest was 7.3. Absolutely stellar performance all-around, despite two goals surrendered. The 8+ guys: Jerrome Sobers with 8.2, Billy Frost with 9.2, Carl Harris with 8.4 despite not scoring, and of course, the man of the hour, Andrew Folan with a 9.5 hat trick!

We're now 4 points clear of 3rd, and the move seems to have worked well for both sides, because Welton Rovers is still tied with us on points, despite losing Folan to us.

Burgess Hill Rhinos is 9-0-0 in Mid Sussex Division Four play, using a mix of guys from my tenure and his own dudes. Full credit to Paul Lorraine, my replacement. He pulled off the same quadruple I did in the second season, sweeping the trophies and winning the league after taking over for me.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote