View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 04:31 AM   #45
Izulde
Head Coach

Cheddar U18s 4 Youth Candidates 4
Expected scoring with Aaron Gibson and Tate Sheppard starting up front and playing well. Both teams left defense at home. Assman is high on Tyler Tennant, who netted a 9.1 and PotM with 2 goals and an assist. Wayne Howell scored a 9.0 with 2 goals of his own.

Cut - MR/AMR Stuart Trego
Just doesn't have what it takes, so he's let go to start his career elsewhere. Got a couple appearances though.

Signings
ML/AML Matt Price (16) - Assman thinks he has 4* potential, though he's insanely raw
WBR/DM/MR/MC Will Todd (16) - 12 Determination and Stamina already. Some technical ability. Versatility is a huge asset, and will probably get in the subs.
MC Matt Smart (16) - 18 Teamwork, 12 Work Rate, and 10 Flair convince me to pull the trigger.
DM/DC/MC Nathan Clark (16) - 3.5* potential, and plays all our middle positions.. Kind of eh on him, though.
ST Wayne Howell (16) - Love his technical attributes and he's got decent mental ones. A physical trainwreck at the moment, however.

Notice I didn't sign Tyler Tennant. I'm just not impressed with the dude.

@ Wellington (6th)
G: Gareth Rees
D: Jon Beeden/Jerrome Sobers/Emmanuel Mensah
DM: Mark Reynolds
M: Tom Rowbotham/George Colson
AM: Gregg Crane/Liam Harris
S: Carl Harris/Andrew Folan

67 - Sheppard for Folan; Todd for Reynolds. Folan is pissed at being replaced. Oh well, dude. Don't suck ass and you won't go off.

78 - 45 yard crack pass from Colson all the way to Sheppard on the right wing. His center to Carl Harris has a shot deflected, but Carl Harris puts away his own rebound! See, Folan, that's why you're benched for the rest of the game. 1-0

82 - I thought sure we were going to give one up there, but Sobers, even though he was beaten, runs back just enough to body block the shot!

The announcers gushed about George Colson's "all-conquering performance" at midfield, and his 8.6 is PotM. Jerrome Sobers sparkled, however, and earned an 8.2 in his own right.

Biggest news - Welton Rovers got a draw against Langford, and Welling was upset by Almondsbury UWE. With five games left, there's already only four teams who can mathematically win promotion - Welton Rovers, us, Welling, and Portland United. Langford needed to win to still have a chance. Very top-heavy league this year.

The win, coupled with the other results, means we're just 2 points behind 1st, and have a very beautiful 7 point cushion on 3rd. That means if we even go 3-2 these last five matches and Wells goes 5-0, we'll have secured promotion.

Emmanuel Mensah is out our next 2 games due to 10 yellow cards. That'll hurt. Longborough University has set a new FA Vase record with 18 straight wins!

Cuts
Nathan Haynes
Paddy Griffiths
Ryan Talbot

Ultimately, these guys just aren't good enough to be there at the next level, and never will be. All of them had some appearances with us, but found themselves surpassed by other players.

@ Warminster (19th)
D: Jon Beeden/Jerrome Sobers/Curtis Burrows
M: Tom Rowbotham/George Colson
AM: Omarr Austin/Liam Harris

6 - Burrows plays it down to Liam Harris on the touchline, and his far post cross sees a streaking Austin drill home the goal, temporarily putting us in 1st place! 1-0

7 - Yeah. That was expected. 1-1

26 - Sobers passed it right to them. 1-2

28 - Sobers fucked up again. Immediately yanked for Williams. Such bullshit. 1-3

52 - Burrows moves to DL and Todd comes in at WBR. Fuck outta here, Beeden.

82 - One of those games where the AI is in cheat mode. No fucking way Todd deserved a red card there.

Win for Welton Rovers and late unhappy draw for Wells

Transfer In - MC/AMC Billy Frost (21)
He came back home finally at the transfer deadline after realizing how much of a mistake it was for him to leave us in the first place. This couldn't come at a more critical time, TBH.

vs Almondsbury UWE (7th)
D: Jon Beeden/Tom Rowbotham/Jerrome Sobers/Curtis Burrows
M: Billy Frost/George Colson
AM: Omarr Austin/Liam Harris

There aren't words enough to describe how good it feels to have Billy Frost back in a Cheeseman uniform. Although it reset his games played for us this year to 0, which is weird.

3 - God damn, I love Austin's fluke goals. 1-0

14 - I forgot how shit Rowbotham is at DC. 1-1

Switching to the 3-1-4-2 DM Wide at half, with Reynolds in. Shit part is, Wells scored just before half in their own game to take the lead.

66 - Gibson replaces Carl Harris

76 - Frost gets the ball after a long pass to him and feeds to Gibson in the box. A little dribbling, and a weighted shot cracks home! Man, I fucking love having Billy boy back in town! 2-1

Billy Frost returns home to a hero's welcome 9.0 PotM, and Aaron Gibson grabbed a 7.1 off the bench. Welton Rovers won again, and Wells had to settle for yet another second half fall to draw.

3 games left.

Welton Rovers: 79 points
Cheddar: 74 points
Welling: 66 points

8 point advantage with 3 games left. No choice for them now but to win out to have any hope at all of moving up, and we have to lose all 3 games. They're having the exact same collapse we did last year. Naturally Andrew Folan's old team is officially promoted.

I negotiate a new one year contract with a raise to $9.5k - which is small, until you factor in the 15% increase should we promote, which will push me into the double digit money for the first time in my career.

@ Welton Rovers (1st)
G: Richie McGuinness
D: Tom Rowbotham/Jim Williams
DM: Will Todd
M: Matt Smart/Omarr Austin/Nathan Clark
AM: Matt Price/Roy Horgan
S: Tate Sheppard/Owen Rawlins

Basically, we're throwing this match. We have a Cup final in 3 days' time, and as long as we promote, I don't care about the title.

21 - Took them long enough. 0-1

30 - We're awarded a PK and Austin partially makes up for his Cup fuckup by nailing this home. 1-1

72 - Good work by the scrubs holding out this long. 1-2

76 - And here's the flurry. 1-3

7.5 performances by Will Todd and Omarr Austin. Wells won, so they're 5 points back with 2 to play. Welton Rovers obviously clinched the title here, and despite the poaching, Ben Hancock and I get along well.

vs Odd Down (Western League Les Phillips Cup Final)

This is it. For all the marbles right here. The odds are heavily against us - this is an elite Western Premier team - 4th in the rankings. All we can do is hope we manage something.

33 - Absolute bullshit penalty on Crane there. So fucking pissed! 0-1

Despite his tiredness, Austin is in for Crane, who was ass even before the penalty.

65 - Off goes Liam Harris as we go asymmetrical with Burrows at WBR.

82 - Frost on the corner to Mensah and there's some bouncing to the near post, where Sobers slots it away!!!! 1-1

92 - Heartbreaking as fuck to allow a last second goal!!!! 1-2

We might have lost anyway, but we were so fucking close to winning this and we did not deserve at all to lose. We got fucked by the refs and then fucked by a last minute heartbreaker. You bet your fucking hairy asses I'm going to tear apart the refs for that!!!!

Now for the bright side: 449 people showed up to the game, earning us $3.5k in gate receipts! That smashes both records (previous high of 99 and $500, respectively). It's not going to be enough to staunch the bleeding, or the crying sensation in my stomach, but it sure does help.

And guess what?! The FA didn't say jack fucking shit about the penalty, so you're God damned fucking right we were robbed!!!!

@ Keynsham (20th)

We're fucking determined to win here. George Colson rallied the players as well, and we're hell-bent to guarantee going up. Remember, Wells has to win the last two games and we have to lose both for them to sneak past us.

39 - Their keeper has been having the half of his life. We should be up by like 4 goals right now. Colson wings out to Liam Harris for the gorgeous long ball to Carl Harris. He dribbles into the box, and the goalie makes the fatal mistake of coming out. Hello, sizzling diagonal into the net! Wells was down 0-1, but answered immediately to make it currently 1-1 there. 1-0

53 - Wanna know how this team is trash? They should have easily scored there, but blew it.

58 - Austin in for Crane, who is still struggling.

78 - It was 2-1 Oldland Abbotonians, then tied 2-2, and presently 3-2 Oldland Abbotonians. Hopping off the bench is Gibson for Folan

Welling tie it up 3-3 late, but it's all for naught as we run out the clock and we're officially going up to the Western Premier League!!!! No shock that the game ball goes to Billy Frost's 8.1. Liam Harris with the 7.5, and every full-time starter other than Gareth Rees had at least a 7. No way we should have only won by a single goal, but we'll take that oh so sweet victory, removing some of the sting of how we got screwed over in the trophy final.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote