View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 09:08 AM   #49
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
Wow, I completely missed that you took over a team called Cheddar. That was cheesy of me.

It's all good. Appreciate the pun, too.

Expectations
Western Premier: Top Half
FA Cup: Preliminary Round
FA Vase: Second Round
Western League Les Phillips Cup: Quarterfinal

All quite fair, all things considered, if a bit steep on the league and Phillips Cup.

@ Welton Rovers
G: Flo Gislette
D: David Lynn/Jerrome Sobers/Emmanuel Mensah
DM: Steven Gorman
MC: Billy Frost/George Colson
AM: Omarr Austin/Liam Harris
S: Andrew Folan/Carl Harris

Good first test, against the team that was ahead of us last year.

5 - Carl Harris to Folan and he gets the giveback into the box. The shot's deflected, but charging Liam Harris snags the rebound, dribbles past the defender, and fires in the rebound! 1-0

65 - Gibson, who had a fantastic preseason, replaces Folan, and it's Todd in for Gorman

Impressive work by the backline, with 7.2 for David Lynn and Emmanuel Mensah. PotM - Jerrome Sobers with a 7.6. Everyone else was startlingly meh, though - particularly our strikers.

Despite the move up, it's still just our faithful 7 diehards who buy season tickets.

vs Buckland (20th)
D: David Lynn/Jerrome Sobers/Emmanuel Mensah
DM: Steven Gorman
MC: George Colson/Tom Rowbotham
AM: Omarr Austin/Roy Horgan
S: Andrew Folan/Aaron Gibson

26 - I keep meaning to take Austin off PKs because his ratings suck, but he converts here, so I can't really complain! 1-0

30 - Austin and Folan exchange passes a few times after the throw-in, and Gibson is decked on the former's center. The ball keeps rolling, however, and Horgan slams it in! 2-0

32 - Colson's corner is perfectly placed to Sobers' head, and the Dominican veteran hammers it home! 3-0

59 - Burrows in at DL; Sobers shifts to DR and I put Westray in at DC, clearing the yellow carded Lynn and Mensah, who, while playing great, are yellows and tiring.

90 - Well, that's disappointing. 3-1

Second strong performance by Jerrome Sobers with a 7.9. Roy Horgan nabbed a 7.8 himself, but it was George Colson's 9.0 that won PotM.

vs East Preston (FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round)
D: David Lynn/Samuel Westray/Emmanuel Mensah
DM: Will Todd
MC: Billy Frost/Mark Reynolds
AM: Gregg Crane/Liam Harris
S: Tate Sheppard/Carl Harris

30 - Mensah runs down a loose free kick and hammers it all the way down the right flank to Carl Harris, who holds up play until passing to Frost in the box. With only the keeper to beat, Billy Boy sings it in! 1-0

51 - Beeden for Flynn; Burrows for Mensah

58 - That was some nervy, ballsy keeping by Gislette there. Came out to face a sure goal and stopped it twice!

76 - Some buildup in the back before somebody, I forget who, hits the long ball to Carl Harris just outside the box. Dribble in to three defenders and lay off to Sheppard, and the keeper isn't ready for it! 2-0

90 - Perfect free kick by Frost to Carl Harris in the box, and he kicks in the last minute score. 3-0

Matching 9.0s for Carl Harris and Billy Frost, the former winning PotM. I need to give Frost whatever money he wants, even though I can't sign players to contracts yet. A nod to Mark Reynolds for his 8.0 and strong play by the defense, with Will Todd and Flo Gislette putting up 7.3s, Samuel Westray a 7.4.

504 people show up to smash the non-friendly attendance record during last year's game we won't mention, and the $4k in gate receipts + the $2.25k prize money for winning and that's the kind of cash that makes a huge dent in our currently Insecure financial status.

A few days later, Billy Frost signs a new contract that will pay him a my tenure record $160 P/A. Dude is worth every single penny, and hopefully that'll scare off some of the sharks swimming around him. Takes us from $95.1k in the wage budget to $91.9k, but I'm more than good with that.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote