View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 11:01 PM   #65
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You understand that the WBC is not an All Star game right? This is more like Olympics, and since you clearly didn't notice, players cared about those in both basketball and hockey.

No I had no idea. Your knowledge of events is impressive. Keep up the great work!

Quote:
Leyland said the chance of injury puts a lot of pressure on WBC managers when they are in charge of some other team’s players. “Our No. 1 goal is to send these guys back healthy,’’ he said. “Hopefully it could be in a winning situation, send them back happy. But to be honest with you, my biggest goal is to send them all back healthy. I think that’s the most important thing.’

Quote:
While injury risks and regular-season preparations have prompted many American players to forgo competing in the WBC, perhaps that will change. Two-time MVP Mike Trout, arguably the best player in the majors, avoided this year’s WBC for personal reasons but said he will probably play in the future.

So far the USA has never finished higher than 4th while their manager has some lofty goals for this years event while the best hitter and pitcher from the USA decided it wasnt worth their time. We will just have to agree to disagree on how important team USA feels this competition is.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 03-19-2017 at 11:48 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote