View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 10:18 PM   #1
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Alternate NBA History (FBPB3)

I decided to start a dynasty with FBPB3. I'm starting in the 1946-47 season, and I'll randomly choose my team. I'm using all historical settings, and full finances. Finally, I'm using a little bit of variation for the players. This means that good players will still be good, but Michael Jordan may not be the GOAT. I did this so I wouldn't just be able to draft by name alone.

I'm going to start with a snake creation draft for all 11 teams. With that, let the dynasty begin.

1946-47 Providence Steamrollers

The first order of business is to get the draft going. Unfortunately, my staff was hired before I was, so I have no say in the coaches and scout. We got the #8 pick, resulting in #4 in even rounds.

1. Freddie Scolari - A 24 year old point guard from San Francisco. Nicknamed "Fat Freddie", he was blind in one eye, and deaf in one ear. Just the type of guy to be the cornerstone of the franchise.
2. Chuck Gilmur - 24 year old power forward from Washington.
3. Don Martin - 26 year old center from Central Missouri St.
4. Johnny Norlander - 25 year old small forward from Hamline.
5. Ralph Siewert - 22 year old center from Dakota Wesleyan. He was the first 7 footer to play in the NBA, so at least he has that going for him.
6. John Murphy - 22 year old shooting guard. No school info.
7. Ned Endress - 28 year old small forward from Akron.
8. Hank Beenders - 30 year old power forward from Long Island. Born in the Netherlands, he was the first foreign player to play in an NBA finals.
9. Frank Fucarino - 26 year old small forward from Long Island.
10. Ray Wertis - 24 year old point guard from St. Johns.
11. Garland O'Shields - 25 year old shooting guard from Tennessee. Nicknamed "Mule".
12. Wallace Sydnor - 25 year old point guard from Western Kentucky. Nicknamed "Buck".
13. Ken Keller - 24 year old shooting guard from St. John's.
14. John Swenson - 22 year old center from Samford.
15. Frankie Sims - 24 year old power forward from Saint Josephs.

The last two players I couldn't find any info on anywhere, so I'm not sure they were real players. The New York Knicks took C George Nostrand with the first pick of the creation draft.

With 15 players, and nothing but scrubs left, I didn't even bother signing any more free agents, so this is the initial version of the Providence Steamrollers.

Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote