View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 07:02 PM   #205
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Command Briefings

As a reminder here, the coming battle will involve II Corps. That means those of you not in II Corps can afford to take a more long-term approach, since you won't be fighting again right away.

Army Structure

I Corps
** Wagner
---- Race(Infantry, Springfield M1855)**
---- Scales(Artillery, 10pdr Ordnance)*
** Durrell
---- Kemper(Infantry, Lorenz)*
---- Duryee(Infantry, Lorenz)*
---- Birney(Carbine Cavalry, Smith)*
---- Seymour(Artillery, 6pdr Field)*
** Loomis
---- Moody(Infantry, Harpers Ferry M1855)*
---- York(Infantry, Springfield M1842)*
---- Pease(Infantry, Springfield M1842)
---- Wright(Artillery, 12pdr Napoleon)*
II Corps
** McCook
** Liddell
---- Egan(Infantry, Springfield M1855)*
** Church
III Corps
** Lawton
** Ferrero
----- Baldwin(Shock Cavalry, Palmetto M1842)
** Elder

To keep the above from getting too ungainly, I only listed stuff below the division level if the Brigade or Division CO in question is a controlled sign-up character. I.e., obviously Egan isn't the only Brigade in the 2nd Division of II Corps, but he is the only one that is relevant for the command briefings here.

Wagner's Division

Race's Brigade

Col. Gregory Race will be a General soon; he is currently 81% of the way there.

Alter Ego: Coffee Warlord

Men: 1284
Experience: **, 25% to ***
Perks: Endurance Course, Marksman Training

Efficiency: 57
Morale: 78
Stamina: 69
Firearms: 75
Melee: 24

Weapon: Springfield M1855

Stamina and Firearms saw the most improvement from the action in the last battle. Almost $44 a man for veterans, not including the weapons which will be another $31 each. Could take on as many as 264 rookies while maintaining ** status. Additional veterans would be reduced some to $36-$37 each. It's likely though that limited rookies will be available to the more experienced brigades -- maintaining their good skills and putting the most men into the newer, greener units is likely unless the Army Emphasis changes. This continues to be the best brigade from a shooting standpoint, though in other aspects the smaller brigade under Trimble is superior.

Scales's Brigade

Lt. Col. Wade Scales is 93% of the way to full Colonel, which I imagine he should accomplish after his next engagement assuming the worst doesn't happen.

Alter Ego: Qwikshot

Gun Crews: 16
Experience: *, 91% to **
Perks: Physical Training

Efficiency: 41
Morale: 77
Stamina: 58
Firearms: 65
Melee: 14

Weapon: 10pdr Ordnance

Nice Stamina boost this time, the other abilities improved only marginally. We may be able to give you one more gun crew; it would drop your efficiency by just a single point(3 points each after that). To absolutely maintain peak effectiveness though, we'd need to stand pat in terms of numbers.

Durrell's Division

Col. Rafael Durrell appears to be roughly 70% of the way to getting his general's star.

Alter Ego: ntndeacon

Col. Kemper -- 840 infantry(Lorenz, *, 98%)
Col. Duryee -- 803 infantry(Lorenz, *, 82%)
Col. Birney -- 404 carbine cavalry(Smith, *, 54%)

The infantry took a beating while playing the pivotal role last time out. In both cases they inflicted almost twice the casualties received, but it's still been a struggle getting them up closer to full strength. Cost for veterans are in the upper 30s for Kemper, low 30s for Duryee. They'll probably get slightly more funding to improve things, but what they really need is a successful battle where they don't lose much and can actually function more of the time as the sharpshooters they are supposed to be.

Seymour's Brigade

Lt. Col. Walter Seymour has a ways to go at 39% to full Colonel.

Alter Ego: DavidCorperial

Gun Crews: 14
Experience: *, 77% to **

Efficiency: 38
Morale: 69
Stamina: 47
Firearms: 62
Melee: 16

Weapon: 6pdr Field

No big jumps anywhere but efficiency saw the biggest increase. You'll get the one additional gun crew you can afford within the command-efficiency limit, unless you want to go for a different weapon.

Loomis's Division

Col. Adam Loomis is about a third of the way through this rank, so he's got some ways yet to go.

Alter Ego: chesapeake

** Col. Moody -- 1506 Infantry(Harpers Ferry M1855, *, 18%). Moody is wounded and irreplaceable ... it appears there's no way to generate a new officer to replace the wounded when there aren't any in the barracks. This means that your best infantry brigade is going to be severely hampered(efficiency of four instead of being in the mid-upper 20s) until he's back. I'll keep this unit in a reserve role as much as possible for that reason. I'm thinking that it would probably be best to give their weapons to a more battle-ready unit, at least for now.
** Col. York -- 1085 Infantry(Springfield M1842, *, 99%). Like say, perhaps this one?
** Maj. Pease -- 1281 Infantry(Springfield M1842, green, 61%). Can't go any worse for him than it did last time, can it?
** Col. Wright -- 17 Artillery(12pdr Napoleon, *, 54%). The all-powerful command-efficiency limit sez he can have one more crew.

Egan's Brigade

Col. Darryl Egan is subordinate to Col. Liddell, II Corps 2nd Division. Egan is presently just getting started, 23% to his general's star.

Alter Ego: collegesportsfanms

Men: 938
Experience: *, 58% to **
Perks: Endurance Course

Efficiency: 34
Morale: 50
Stamina: 52
Firearms: 45
Melee: 21

Weapon: Springfield M1855

A decent-enough unit that benefited from it's small size in having just enough money to get them the latest Springfields. They're solid enough skill-wise for the most part, but need more drilling(efficiency) to really be quality. Going rate for veterans is $26, with the weapon costing $31 of course so that's going to be the limiting factor here. Interesting choice(at least IMO) here. I can add more men if you want to return to the worse 1842 Springfield; otherwhise you're pretty much locked in to, for now, a relatively small but effective brigade since there's only so many of the new guns I'll be able to buy for you. Very roughly speaking, just to give you some numbers, we are probably talking about getting 70 or so new men as is, maybe 200 if you go with the reversion. Not enough of a difference to be huge, but I know you were concerned about being down on manpower last time so I thought I'd throw out the choice. Those numbers could change based on what's happening elsewhere, it's purely a guess.

Baldwin's Brigade

Lt. Col. Bryan Baldwin is 24% of the way to full Colonel. He serves in III Corps, 2nd Division, under BG Duane Ferrero.

Alter Ego: tarcone

Horsemen: 250
Experience: Green, 59% to *
Perks: None

Efficiency: 11
Morale: 9
Stamina: 10
Firearms: 16
Melee: 16

Weapon: Palmetto M1842

There's not a whole lot in choices here. Rookies/vets aren't a thing for you yet; have to get close to * status before you can bother trying to train up the recruits. You can request a different weapon, switch to Carbine Cav. if you want, but as a new, green brigade such requests may not find the most eager hearing. Otherwhise, you'll get whatever men can be given, and it will be hoped that you don't kill them all/yourself in your first engagement. After that, things can be re-assessed.

It's that time. Fire off your orders. And questions. And insults. Whatever. Friday, let's call it 6pm EST, is the deadline unless everyone speaks up before then.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote