View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 10:52 AM   #1
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

A Bavarian Adventure (FM14)

I'm back, and this time, I'm taking my Football Manager career someplace different. I'm off to Germany; more specifically, to Bavaria.

Once again, I'm playing my favorite FM version, FM14. I've loaded a database that extends the German football system to the fifth level, the Oberliga. After browsing through the leagues (a process I can easily spend several hours on), I picked a club in the Oberliga Bavaria South.

The lovely town of Eichstätt is my new home, as I'm taking over the reins of Verein für Bewegungsspiele Eichstätt, usually written as VfB Eichstätt. The first three words in the club's name translate to "Association for Active Games." I'm certainly hoping to provide exactly that sort of football for the 14,000 or so residents of my new home town.

We have exactly two players on our roster, so my first job will be filling out the team. Since our first friendly is three days away, I need to complete that process quickly, or I'll be sending out a team full of grey ghosts.

I hope to be updating after every two or three matches, in my attempt to find the balance between playing and writing that will best keep my attention.

Wish us luck, and I'll be back once I've got some players to tell you about.
Attached Images
File Type: png VfB_Eichstaett.png (41.9 KB, 22 views)

Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote