View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 08:03 AM   #99
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Caitlin came home on Friday, a day after her team got eliminated from the OVC tournament. Did well in school - better in the fall than the spring, but she still pulled a 3.63 in the spring while playing a 55 game schedule.

The season was a mixed bag. The team had a disappointing season, and there are going to be a ton of changes. Roster will look much different next year. I think for a bunch of the girls Caitlin played with in high school and travel ball, college ball was not the "top o' the mountain" experience they all assumed it would be. Caitlin had a really good season, breaking the school record for wins by a freshman. Unfortunately, she was battling a foot injury (going to the dr. tomorrow but we think maybe plantar fasciitis), so she didn't finish as strong as she would have liked but she fought through it for the last month of the season until she really couldn't pitch effectively anymore. Ended up with a 16-11 record, 2.75 ERA and 20 complete games in 170 innings. That's way more innings than she's ever thrown in a 3 month period, so between the "wall' and the injury, she definitely wore down at the end. Didn't help that the team only had 2 effective pitchers. 37 complete games between the two of them...

Glad she's home for the summer. Needs to heal up and get in better shape.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote