View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 01:24 PM   #7675
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Money in the Bank was pretty good to me (at least 3 matches should have hit 4 stars) and almost felts so strange ending with 3 really good matches. Plus the return of the Big Hogg. What more could you want?

I dunno, more workers that I actually give a shit about would probably be nice. That's really the biggest problem I probably have with the show overall (aside from the painful endurance test that was Reigns vs Mahal)

Full credit to Rollins & Elias, that was definitely considerably better than I would expected. If you'd told me that I'd consider it to have been the pretty much the equal of anything on the card, I'd have raised an eyebrow at the very least.

I think AJ vs SN was about as good as it could have been given the stipulation. Not breathtaking worldbeating stuff, but close to what I feel like SN needed in terms of performance. (Mark me is happy with the outcome, smark me wonders wth you do with the loser now though)

I'll even credit the booking with Bliss & the briefcase, that was a farily creative way to move through the situation & leave the door open for more stuff.

But I didn't even bother to watch the two final matches -- choosing to take a second nap of the day instead -- 'cause at the end of the day, about the only thing in them I really felt like I'd be missing that I'd really care about was the inevitability that Owens would have a solid funny moment somewhere. I can abstractly appreciate the value that Braaaaaaaaun has to a wrestling company without really feeling any need to sit & watch it. Otherwise the format & the feeling of an extremely predictable outcome made this "highlights later will be plenty"