View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 04:46 PM   #232
PilotMan
Head Coach

So with Covid EKU has spread out the move in day and my son has picked the earliest possible move in. Not that he's staying, we're just moving his stuff down, then coming back home again. But, the reality is that it's coming up here in a little over 2 weeks.

I was talking with him the next morning after we said goodbye to our dog, and he said, "I didn't realize how much of my daily thoughts and routine she was. I wake up and my first thoughts are of her, and when I get home my first thoughts of of her. I just don't know what to do without needing to worry about that."

I said, "yeah, it's not a perfect comparison, but it's sort of how Mom and Dad feel with you leaving for college." He stopped and nodded his head. I know he's not going away forever, but the sense of loss is deeper and more involved. I don't know just how I'm going to feel as we get closer, but I know that the sense of dread about it is real. Covid just adds multiple layers on even more. All we can do is just try our best and wait to see how it all plays out. I know he's got his act together, that he'll have it all figured out, but I just wish it wasn't so hard.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote