View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 07:03 PM   #163
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I bow to Atocep's knowledge in this area but it feels like fall baseball and softball have a completely different vibe when compared to the spring. It seems to be much more about skills development and an introduction to the game than the outcome of the game in the fall. So yeah, it would be less important to send a kid from second to home on a defensive miscue to win a game than it would be to hold that kid up at third and get the next kid up a chance to hit and drive in a run. In the spring? Definitely sending the kid home.

That's a disintinction I can't draw, it's pretty much a year-round sport here (not just for travel teams, HS plays separate fast-pitch and slow-pitch seasons, one in spring & one in fall. I can't keep straight which done when). I think rec leagues are spring BUT I'm not sure how many pure rec leagues are even left at this point, seems like most travel to some extent anymore for softball.