View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 09:27 PM   #407
Edward64
Head Coach

Another general down.

Unsure of the circumstances, I'm sure it'll come out after the war. But in a way, I guess it shows Russian generals aren't afraid to get up close to the action.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/07/russ...r-kharkiv.html
Quote:
Ukraine’s defense intelligence agency said Monday that its country’s forces had killed Russian Army Major General Vitaly Gerasimov, and that other senior Russian Army officers “were also killed or wounded” in action near the city of Kharkiv.

Gerasimov was identified by the intelligence agency as the chief of staff and first deputy commander of the 41st Combined Arms Army.

He previously participated in the second Chechen war, and Russian military actions in Syria, according to the agency’s post announcing his demise.
There was also a Lt. Col captured as POW that talked pretty liberally. I get talking if you get tortured but this guy doesn't look tortured.

Captured Russian officer apologizes to Ukraine for 'genocide'
Quote:
A Russian commander captured by Ukraine condemned Moscow’s “genocide” invasion — saying in a remarkable televised statement that the troops were duped into believing Kyiv had been overthrown by Nazis and needed liberating.

National Guard Lt. Col. Astakhov Dmitry Mikhailovich, who was captured along with two other soldiers, said he had been told they were being sent to help Ukraine because it was “dominated by a fascist regime” and that “nationalists and Nazis had seized power.”
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote