View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 05:24 AM   #35
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Weird

I can’t find where anything referencing heterosexual stuff in the local student councils behaviors surrounding the statute. I must be missing it….

Duval School Board OKs new policy to line up with controversial state law critics say could harm LGBTQ+ students
Because referencing only heterosexuals stuff would be discriminatory?

Quote:
I guess I’ll just go find some obscure thing on a website somewhere regarding ages that aren’t what we’re talking about because legislation creep and law and windfalls. ��‍♂️.

Nah, spend the time to let us know why you are against this statute? I've reposted from the article, if there are more relevant passages, post them.

Quote:
“The State of Florida has determined that it is a fundamental right of parents to direct the upbringing, education, and care of their minor children. The State has further determined that certain information relating to a minor child should not be withheld, either inadvertently or purposefully, from their parent, including information relating to the minor child’s health, well-being, and education, while the minor child is in the custody of the school district.”

“Further, district personnel are required to encourage students to discuss issues relating to his or her well-being with his or her parent or to try and facilitate discussion of the issue with the parent,”

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-13-2022 at 05:25 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote