View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 02:40 PM   #215
whomario
Pro Starter

Sometimes they are also bloody stupid.

So my cousins kid is 14 and just transfered to a soccer club playing in the highest possible league in Germany in the Age group (14/15), competing against the likes of Borussia Dortmund and other youth team of Bundesliga clubs. Now he is usually a striker but in training camp also played Left Back as the starting Left Back got injured quite badly. He impressed and is now starting when the 14 year olds rarely do (often playing for the reserve squad even in a lower league). What does my cousin and her parents do ? Bitch about it with my cousin even complaining to the coach.

My other cousin (her brother) and me watched one of the games last week and actually know a bit about stuff (we both played to a decently high level and he coaches still) and were like: "Are you crazy ? He's looking really, really good at a high level of competion in a position that most teams struggle A LOT to fill. (Lots fewer left footed players, much less those able to play well offensively and defensively). And he doesn't mind contrary to your projections, he's just happy to play against freaking Borussia Dortmund and shit. There's bloody Scouts at every game of those clubs."

He just might (!) have a legit shot at making a freaking career out of playing the sport he loves. And she's bitching to his coach.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 08-05-2022 at 02:43 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote