View Single Post
Old 02-25-2023, 10:14 PM   #106
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Overshadowed by the drama in the House, Biden announced a limited, focused proposal. I like it, think its a good compromise personally.

Access Denied

I like this policy, it's a compromise to the upcoming sunset of Title 42 but shows Biden acknowledges there's a problem without something else.

I believe I read somewhere this new policy does NOT apply to unaccompanied minors but did not see that in the article below. So unsure if it made the final cut. If it does not apply to unaccompanied minors, I think we'll see a spike of (no surprise) unaccompanied minors asking for asylum. This will be asking the parents to make a horrible choice, decision. I hope it's been left off.

Biden to replace Trump migration policy with Trump-esque asylum policy - POLITICO
Quote:
As the White House gears up for the end of one Trump-era border policy this spring, it has its sights set on resurrecting a version of another much-maligned immigration program put in place under the previous administration.

The Departments of Homeland Security and Justice on Tuesday announced a proposed rule that will bar some migrants from applying for asylum in the U.S. if they cross the border illegally or fail to first apply for safe harbor in another country.

Quote:
May 11 is also the end date of the Title 42 public health order currently being used to bar entry to most migrants at the southern border. The rule announced on Tuesday would stay in place for two years following its effective date.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote