View Single Post
Old 03-06-2023, 12:37 PM   #222
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
However, I suspect on a scale of 1-10 and the analogy to Nazi Germany, you are thinking its 8+ whereas I'm thinking its 2-. We are a lawsuit happy country and we are IMO nowhere close to Nazi Germany in shutting down, threatening etc. dissent.

I think it's more likely there are things in the works but not yet filed, or there's not been that level of systemic unequal treatment that LGBTQ+ teachers are significantly worried about or believe they can win.

I'd love to live in a world where a coordinated series of legislative policies as outlined here was merely a bunch of coincidences rather than a concerted effort to stigmatize certain people, make it easier to attack those people by legal and other methods, and create an environment so unwelcome as to drive them away.

Also:

Quote:
we are IMO nowhere close to Nazi Germany in shutting down, threatening etc. dissent.

vs.

Quote:
A Republican state senator in Florida has introduced a bill that, if passed, would require bloggers who write about Gov. Ron DeSantis, his Cabinet or state legislators to register with the state.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote