View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 12:12 PM   #162
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The question, I think, is whether we want to use our cap space to try and solve the WR issue before the draft?

There are a few options out there, all with upside and downside.

DeAndre Hopkins A true X WR who has proven he can play in this league. Could probably be had for a 2nd or 3rd round pick b/c his cap hit makes him less valuable. Getting older, but his game never depended on speed, so he might age well for a WR. Football wise, he and Williams on the outside with St. Brown in the slot works really well. Alpha-dog wise, I'd have to be very comfortable that he and St. Brown can exist in the same locker room without constant dick measuring contests.

Jerry Jeudy Hasn't really put up the numbers that his reputation would lead you to believe. And his catch rate has been consistently low. But he's only 23, and Denver has been kind of a shitshow offensively. I doubt that he'd even be available, but you are hearing rumors, and maybe he's just not Sean Payton's type. Also, the Broncos, having traded for a coach and a QB, might want some draft capital back. Would we give up #18 for him?

OBJ No draft capital needed. Just cap space (which we have). Does he have anything left after his injuries? And will he be willing to be on a team where he isn't the man?

I think that I'd make a decent play for OBJ. And I'd make an offer for Hopkins. I'd probably not go for Jeudy at what I suspect Denver's price will be (a first round pick). YMMV.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote