View Single Post
Old 07-06-2023, 11:18 AM   #42
Radii
Head Coach

VOD Review/Introduction Video

I decided to record the VOD review of my game yesterday. For the first ~12 minutes or so I also gave an overview of what the UI looks like, the terminology I use in posts, trying to cover some basics of the game in general. The full video is about 45 minutes, I wouldn't expect anyone to watch that. But if you're interested in learning more about the game the first 10 minutes might be useful. I watch a lot of content at 1.5x so hopefully that would be viable here too.

Competitive League

I participate in a competitive league run by an organization called Aegis. They run three leagues, one for Challenger players, one for Master/GM players, and one for Diamond players. This is based no where you finish in previous sets, so I participate in the Master/GM league.

League Format

For the next 4 weeks, every Saturday at 2pm I'll play 4 games for the league. 1st earns 8 points, 2nd earns 7, 3rd earns 6, down to 1 point for 8th. I don't think the number of players have been announced yet, it's based on signups, etc. Usually there are 40 or 48 players in the league. At the end of 4 weeks the top X (usually 16 or 24) advance to a 2 week playoffs where they have a playoff format to determine the champion.

This league has a $20 entry fee and prize money is given to the final 8. I'm going to be on the low end of this group of players, since it contains Grandmaster players, so I don't expect to do great, but the competition is really good and the league is run well, so it's a very good learning experience for me. Back in set 7.5 I finished 9th, but back then Master was it's own separate league from GM so I was on the high end of my league.

Once it's all put together I can share links to the standings and all of that.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote