View Single Post
Old 07-06-2023, 07:33 PM   #245
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
How's the AI? I've been a big Civ fan most of my life but the AI has gotten tiring.

I'm still playing a ton of Crusader Kings III.

I'm playing on like the 2nd lowest difficulty, just so I can keep it simple & try to see more things, etc buuuuut ... yeah, there's issues.

Combat AI is pretty bad, aggressive & capable until they have an advantage and then comically passive. As in my ass is kicked so badly that I lost every single military unit and they did ... nothing. I rebuilt my army to equal their's, got stack wiped AGAIN, and ... nothing. AND they wouldn't even accept my surrender. Not white peace, I mean "here, take everything you demanded AND a couple other things". I finally just abandoned that game and restarted fresh.

The aggro of the other civs feels almost identical to Civ to me so far, there's usually "that one asshole nation" that's all military, one that's a whiner, etc.

Their development skills seem okay as far as I've been able to tell, they might be a little too map gore oriented in terms of founding outposts & cities but I think that's resource driven (?) (or else they just plop down an outpost wherever a unit is when they have enough fame to do it)

It's not worse than some others but I'm not sure it's better (at least in the normal'ish settings) either.