View Single Post
Old 07-13-2023, 08:08 AM   #50
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I don't see retiring before 65. If things go right, I definitely think we will have the house paid off and a decent retirement savings to where I could retire by 60ish, but I'm not sure I want to give up a good job with great pay and the ability to travel 3+ times a year until I'm absolutely ready to be done. I don't know.

A lot will change after the next 4-5 years - second kid comes mostly off of payroll by 2026, hopefully a wedding or two will be done, expenses will come down, and we can start putting more money into thinking about retirement. At the current pace, the house will be paid off by 2030, but in a few years, I should be able to accelerate those payments. I just don't know what things look like without the kids' expenses until it happens. And it will happen, dammit!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote