View Single Post
Old 09-21-2023, 11:46 AM   #4327
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I just always found it amusing that Mel Gibson is effectively black-listed from Hollywood movies for drunken driving and racist slurs. Yet no one seems to care that Mark Wahlberg has committed racist violence or made The Happening. Which IMO is much worse than anything Mel did.

I have no time for either of them, but I think what helped take Mel down so much harder were all of the recordings and videos. It's one thing to read about an incident and quite another to actually see it/hear it (see, e.g., Ray Rice).

Of the two, I feel the loss of Mel Gibson more so, because I really liked him as an actor and loved many of his movies.

Other than The Departed, which Wahlberg is great in, I think he's largely ass as an actor. I guess he was fine in Boogie Nights.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote