View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 02:00 PM   #238
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I guess this is a crux of our disagreement. One of the key drivers of this mess is Hamas, even pre-Oct 7. It has everything to do with Hamas.

Unfortunately, the not-Hamas Palestinians are being impacted by Hamas. If Hamas stops for real (in a fantasy world), then travel will free up more.

This is called collective punishment. It is a war crime and the justification Bin Laden used. I feel it's wrong, but I understand that's not the prevailing sentiment by people like you.

Quote:
Jordan borders West Bank? There are Palestinians in West Bank? There is Hamas (and PA) in West Bank?

Hamas has very little presence in the West Bank. Why would any Palestinian need to leave? They have nothing to do with this current conflict.

Quote:
So when talking about Israel creating a "prison" where Palestinians can't come and go, need to toss in Jordan and Egypt into the equation. And why those countries restrict travel into and through their territory.

Again, why do they have to leave? Why is it acceptable to displace people to create an ethnostate? And why is it the responsibility of another country to take on millions of refugees forced out of their home for that reason? If anything, we should be the one dealing with the refugees since we're the one's footing the bill for the cleansing.

Quote:
Yes, I understand taking hostages for trade. But I'll ask again, why children & grandmas? And why continue to keep them, easy enough to release them to UNRWA. (Well, not anymore but certainly in the past 2-3 weeks).

I'm guessing they just grab whoever they can. The children and grandmas make better stories for the Israelis to tell. And they don't release them because they are using them to trade for Palestinian hostages. I'm guessing Hamas would be more than happy to do a hostage swap.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote