View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 09:52 PM   #111
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Like pretty much every sport these days, rule changes are designed largely for people who don't actually like the sport.

Preach! This is my #1 sports complaint. I did not need baseball to be played in in ninety minute like soccer or fit into the 1pm to 4pm window like the NFL.

Now I would be lying if I said I did not appreciate the pitch clock. I have no issue watching four hours of baseball. I have a problem watching four hours of strikeouts, walks, home runs and pitching changes If that is the game I am watching, by all means let's get this over and done with as fast as possible. I love the reappearance of the running game. I enjoyed the flow of the game more last year than I did in years past without the changes that were made.

Unfortunately I still could not shake the feeling that I was watching someone playing a baseball video game on Twitch with a ton of house rules to compensate for a broken game engine especially in person.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote