View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 01:05 PM   #10057
Jon
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
They really need to be careful when going into the crowd. It happened to me, about 14 years ago at an ROH show. Austin Aries against Kenny Omega. We were in the 2nd row, and 2 douchebags had taunted Austin Aries at previous shows. Omega ended up reversing an Aries charge outside the ring, sending Aries into the crowd, which was specifically designed to take out the 2 a-holes in front of us. But they carried him over like a wave, and Aries landed right on the chair where my 6 year old son was sitting. Thankfully I had seen this happening in real time and grabbed him and pulled him out of the way. It would have been an injury for sure, Aries hit the chair pretty damn hard, he was swearing.

One of the funniest ones was at Smash Wrestling probably in 2016. This guy called Muscle dove out of the ring, and with his momentum he accidentally clipped a 70 year old man who was nicknamed Santa because he looked like Santa Claus. The guy's chair just tipped back and he started to do this slow motion fall back, Santa was definitely going to get hurt. I'm a row back and I start pushing on the guy's chair to make it stop going back, Muscle pulls it from the other side to save the guy, and he ends up staying sitting and not falling down. During the intermission I bumped into Muscle and he thanked me for saving Santa, we had a good laugh. Christmas was saved.

The local promotion here does a lot of diving into the crowd. Fortunately, though, they limit it to specific areas and the staff is quick to move people out of the way.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote