View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 12:36 PM   #69
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Why is he a tool? We want the 411 on this, Sachs.

Well, that may not be fair of me to say, either.

Before he published his Order of the Stick collection, he let everyone know that he would need to ensure the publisher that a certain number of books would be sold...I believe around 1500.
To be able to pay for the publishing, he also needed to set up a pre-order system. So everyone who wanted to ensure the book was published paid in advance for the book.

Well, lots and lots of things went wrong. He was screwed by his publisher, and someone who was supposed to help him ship. The book delivery slipped by months. People started to get nervous. People started emailing him, asking him where there books were.

In my mind, this is where things went bad. I think he treated his customers very poorly when asked about what was going on with the orders. I really can't give specific examples, but you are welcome to read his homepage and messageboard and judge for yourself.

www.giantitp.com

Most of the info can be found in the Home and Post links, specifically the Book Ordering Problems thread in the Comics section of his message board.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote