View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 03:30 AM   #453
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

dola...

Can't sleep because this effing game has got strategerie thoughts running through my head.

First off: After some reflection, I think Airhog's strategy was very well played. While his efforts to draw comments out of possible wolves seems to have been ineffective, he still took a free shot at a possible wolf and has set himself up as basically an immune vote--there's no chance he'll be lynched now, as he isn't a wolf, and there's little chance he'll be eaten, as the wolves will want to dine on a role that's more helpful (such as the doctor, seer, or bodyguard). Basically we now have a free vote against the wolves...smartly played, Airhog. Just too bad it didn't pay off in forcing a reveal.

The second thing I've been considering is the role of the seer. While this diminishes my potential somewhat, I'm going to try to help us out a bit: I'm not the seer. Because of this, I've been trying to figure out who might be, so I can look to them for clues...after all, if the seer has hit upon a wolf, he'd be trying to direct us to it subtly, right? Now in considering these things, I want to make sure I don't jeopardize our seer's identity, and so I'm not pointing out who accused who of what. But by reading back over things, a little bit of data revealed itself.

To this end I went back through the thread to see if there were any outstanding votes that jumped out at me. Offhand a couple of things did. A handful of us have been tossing out feelers to try and roust any wolfy comments...myself, BrianD, Condors, and Airhog have been the leaders in that particular group. And a handful of folks haven't said much of anything, and have voted at the last minute -- suspicious to a degree, but certainly forgivable considering the correlation between being vocal and getting lynching attention; these would include folks like ntndeacon, McSweeny, Jon, and Swaggs.

The only outstanding votes and/or suspicions I've seen cast at this point have been the following: a handful of accusations towards Neuqua, Desnudo, and Condors. I'm assuming that after the first night the seer would have viewed me to verify that I wasn't a wolf, considering how the vote went down. With the Airhog strategy the bandwagon gathered steam early, and so the seer might not have been able to point us in the right direction right away...likewise, he wouldn't have burned a view on Airhog, considering that he was a lock to be lynched.

So I guess all of this thinking comes down to this: it's certainly possible that our seer hasn't hit upon a wolf yet, and so we'll have to keep our antenna up for the subtle broadcast. But if he has, we might need to take a closer look at some of the outlying folks...or at the very least hear a little bit more from them.

Lord knows if any of this rambling is useful in helping us to divine who the furries are, but since I've got insomnia, I figured it'd be better to ramble here than in my head.

Last edited by NoMyths : 06-27-2005 at 03:38 AM.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote