Old 12-20-2005, 08:40 PM   #333
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Blade, why McSweeny?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
I was wondering the same thing myself...

This is not all quoted, as im just copying the edit page on all these since i dont want to requote...everything from here on out is from previous posts until i note at end:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
starting a bandwagon on the first day is a pretty wolfish move don't you think? No one is sure about who to vote for on the first day, so a wolf comes along and starts piling on a villager. The rest of us just want to stay alive so we figure "better him than me". "Sorry st. cronin, you know how it is... day 1 and all..." is how we rationalize it. I'm not falling for your little trap Dubb

so with that

VOTE DUBB93
Quote:
dola

why else would Dubb want to be the first one to cast a second vote? weird logic

Im sorry, i for one believe spreading votes around(we already had 6 different votes at the time) is what the wolves want. We only find out roles in a lynch, thought we can assume all night kills are villagers. These two posts sound wolfish to me, as hes basically asking why anyone would want to vote for someone with a vote on them already. if we dont we dont have a lynch(tiebreaker?) and the wolves get another night. We find out far more in close votes then everyone has 1...just absolutely the opposite of what i feel a villager would say. im still reading, but hes my new #1 after this

Quote:
nope, i don't buy this at all. on the first day the wolves want to lynch a villager. spreading out the vote only increases the chance of a wolf being lynched. the wolves know who the villagers are, so they have the most to gain by NOT spreading the votes out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Blade's right dude. What you're doing is thinking one step at a time. The wolves are thinking down the road. The votes begin to distinguish you. If we can't tell the wolves' voting patterns (which is much harder to do by spreading out the vote) then it gives them an advantage in the long run. The sacrifice of one wolf to remain anonymous is highly appealing.

Not only that, but remember they could change their votes if a wolf was being threatened.
Quote:
ok i hadn't really considered that because i always figured day 1 votes were too random to help establish any patterns.

Quote:
ok i think i missed post 101 the first time around

and i didn't even remember it was you that outed me last time around

Sorry, i dont like how he at first vehemently fought back after one person called him out(while he was supporting dubb bandwagon), but as soon as another jumped on he was all agreeable and nice....by the time dubb commented he like puddy. Seems really fishy, avoiding conflict and agreeing with whoever has support at the time in question. Not how you played last time when you were a wolf, but still very odd to me

Quote:
sorry if i've only played 3 games of werewolf. i know most of you have played far more than i have and have a better grasp of the finer points of the game than i do.

on day 1 i thought dubb made an weird play. you called me out on it and did a poor job explaining why dubb had NOT made a weird play. Raiders Army did a far better job explaining it, and then dubb pointed out that he had explained himself as well in an earlier post. If that progression of logic seems suspicious to you, i don't really know what else to say.

This is your 5th game(checked your post history) dating as far back as game 2, which is far before i got in(think i entered around 7-8). Either way i just think of you as a more experienced player who should know better. if you claim not to, i cant argue that fact...but i cant ignore my thoughts on the matter either. Your not new after two games, left alone 4...arguing ignorance to the ways of the game is not a sound strategy if you ask me, but hey...ill be dead soon enough as usual and ill be out of your hair
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
And Blade, I'm with you on McSweeney too. I think someone needs to take a good look at him. His play has been the strangest I've ever seen in a werewolf game other than RPI 2 games ago. He pleads newbie, when I know I've played in alot of games with him.

DONE WITH QUOTES So ya, that pretty much sums it up...i think hes been quick to jump on any bandwagon(dubb) off it when we resist it(raiders dubb and i) and then pleads ignorance...just seems fishy....i havent reviewed saldanas posts yet, and there may be someone better after i do that...but without that thats why i lean mcsweeney...sorry for long post...any thoguhts?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote