View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #1474
PhinsFan
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzilla77 View Post
Playing around with draft analyzer I noticed a few things that don't make sense.

First I set all the weights to the middle position. Then I looked at a SE and a WLB. Both players are near the top of the draft class. When I changed weights for individual combines, I noticed that the combine value in the table and the combine value in the stats (below the table where height and weight, etc are) do not always move as expected.

First moving the dash to farthest left position, the table value doesn't change but the value in the stats area gets lower. Both move when it is set to the far right setting.

Second, moving the sole to the farthest left position increases the table value and leaves the stat value the same (neither seem intuitively correct)

Third, moving the sole to the farthest right leaves the table value the same and reduces the stat value (again, neither seem intuitively correct).

Forth, moving bench to the farthest left position leaves both the table and the stat combine values the same (intuitively they should decrease).

Fifth, moving bench to the farthest right leaves the table value unchanged and the stat value is lower (again it doesn't seem correct).

It appears that sometimes the table value, which the combine sort is based on is not modified by changes in weight. Also the modifications for scores in which higher is better (sol and bench) are backwards.

If you want me to send you the file, please let me know and I will.

I was wondering if these problems with draft analyzer had been looked into. I have version 2.0.5.0. I used the examples in this post and sure enough the changes using the sliding weights seem to have problems. I have not checked all the weights but the few in this post do have incorrect results.

eNFL : Miami Dolphins GM Commish
CCFL: Seattle Seahawks GM
CMFL: Miani Dolphins GM
PhinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote