View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #271
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
My understanding is this game is a much better solitaire game than Strat hockey. As much as I love Strat, their games (other than baseball), just don't flow very well when playing solo. Strat hockey always bogged down for me because you're jumping between decks, then to the dice, etc. This game uses just one deck, no dice, and it all flows from the action deck. In addition, no real decisions in terms of shooters, etc. More like you're letting things flow naturally.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

I only ever played Strat-O a few times alone. Mainly just to test out some different lines.

I think some of my friends would enjoy the "no real decisions in terms of shooters". I was famous for having one go to goal scorer on my teams. A ton of my offense would typically be funneled through one guy who, for whatever reason, scored for me. Tony Granato. Danton Cole. Stephane Richer. Were some of my best. Sadly, my system has a draw back because if you shut that guy down...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote