View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 03:26 AM   #76
Wanderer
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Thanks, Yoda. That makes more sense to me, but alas, it clearly unravels your theory about how to use man-only and zone-only corners in a split coverage scheme.
I don't think this is too hard to solve, actually.

1) Orient your corners by WR covered.
2) The WR that is the "top" WR is the one with the best RR skills.
3) Determine whether that WR is the SE or the FL
4) There are 4 possibilities, either the SE or the FL are the top guy; and you want to put your stud on the SE or the FL.
a) If the SE is the top RR guy and that's the guy you want to shut down, you want to play Weak Man/Strong Zone, and put your stud at LCB/Top CB. Orient him by WR covered locks him onto the SE, who is on the weak side in most formations (exception being in "slot" formations.)
b) If the FL is the top RR guy and that's your target, put your stud at LCB/Top CB and play Strong Man/Weak Zone. He should lock on to the FL who is on the strong side in most formations.
c) If the SE is the top RR guy and you're targeting the FL, put your stud at RCB/2nd CB, and play Strong Man/Weak Zone. As the "#2" CB he should lock on to the Flanker as the WR with the #2 RR, and the strong side is where the Flanker hangs out.
d) FL top/SE target: Stud @ RCB/2nd CB and play Weak Man/Strong Zone. Should lock you onto the SE, and man him up on the weak side where he plays.

Unless I'm missing something, that should cover you most of the time.

Untested, caveat emptor, YMMV, etc., etc.

Last edited by Wanderer : 02-04-2011 at 03:27 AM.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote