View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #851
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Saying that one was glad that I like my show (I know it wasn't you who said it btw) seemingly implies delusional view... not sure that's entirely sincere . I do think that complaining the the writing was a "pile of turds" or "fucked up writing" (which you did say) seems to go beyond the 'in my view the writing didn't work', don't you?

I almost forgot the "I don't know how you can reasonably think the writers didn't botch this" as well...

I made both of the comments that you are referring to, so I'll own that. The first one was in reference to DT saying you and the rest of us were watching very different shows. And I'll stand by the second. I think there would have been a very easy way for Ted and Robin to still end up together and have it make sense, but the writers destroyed it in the exact ways that Radii outlined. It was executed horrendously, and I think 90% of the audience would agree.

The writers didn't botch the finale. I actually think they pulled off their original goal as well as they could, in one 45 minute episode. What they botched was the last 4 seasons of the show that led to the finale.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote