View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #32
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Howard View Post
Absolutely right, SirFozzie. But there is another rule that says a defender isn't allowed to pick up the ball and walk with it inside her own six yard box. That's called "handball" and is usually frowned on even by FIFA refs

I suspect the defender thought the ball had gone out of play and was handing the ball to the keeper for what she thought would be the subsequent goal-kick. But it hadn't, it had simply come back off the post. But how the ref missed it with the defender carrying the ball in her hands for a couple of paces and for 2 or 3 seconds before dropping it for the keeper (who was screaming at her in disbelief) to pick up and clear is amazing. The ref says she didn't see it but where was she looking with the ball bouncing around in the six yard box?

Unfortunately FIFA seemed to have removed the video for "copyright reasons" but I think it was out of sheer embarrassment for one of the worst missed handball/penalty events you could imagine.

You made the same mistake I did. SirFozzie was replying to Easy Mac and not you.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote