View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 08:13 AM   #23
QuikSand
lolzcat

The two new legends cards today don't really interest me much, nor will they set the world on fire... but they are high end cards regardless.

Pass-rushing LB Kevin Greene and OL Leonard Davis both arrive today in the standard Legends manner. There will be a special challenge game to play for each guy, and succeeding earns you his lowest-rated "Power Up" card, that can improve with training... and also allows you to assign team chemistry for any franchise the player actually played on during his NFL career. For Greene, that will include Rams, Steelers, Panthers, and 49ers... so he will be sought after by quite a few theme teamers due to that flexibility.

There will also be a number of "tiers" to these players...IIRC, this year it will be something like overalls of 83, 86, 88, and 90. And these cards are useful themselves, but also constitute parts of a set, that you can gather to receive the "boss legend" rated 91 overall and who completes the power-up cycle for that card. So... by tonight, the market house will be flooded with a lot of all these Kevin Greene cards. Saps like me might grab an 86 and make him a starter... others will quickly work to get the whole set, build (or just buy) that big 91 guy, use it to power up the lowest card to a max of 92 overall to complement a "god squad" roster for dominant online play.

Thus is the never-ending cycle in MUT. There's always something just out of reach. If I sit down today to play for an hour or two, I'll likely accomplish something here or there (like "Congratulations, you scored your 200th rushing TD") that earns me something in particular (like "here's a token you can use to boost up your Devin Hester card one more point")... in addition to just getting more gold and occasionally stuff like a free pack of cards to open, some training points, or whatnot.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote