View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #9
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Interesting results. I have a friend who is a Universal Unitarian youth pastor, and he's nuttier than a fucking fruitcake, for whatever that's worth. While I apparently identify with the UU ethos (or lack thereof) as well, in reality it confuses the hell out of me. I completely understand and identify with the belief that each person is free to pursue their own faith and belief....but then I get confused by the fact that they still have services of worship together, and sermons, prayer and hymns, which seems almost counter-intuitive to me.

I think my perception is just heavily shaded by this particular dude, who has always been the kind of ornery doofus of my group of friends, and then suddenly, pretty much out of nowhere he's a UU, and a few years later he's essentially second in command at his church. Whenever I see him, and I've known him for most of his life, he's pretty much always the target of everybody's jokes, and a willfully ignorant goofball, and it's odd to think that for hundreds of other folks he's some sort of elder, and is giving spiritual advice to all of their kids.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 11-08-2012 at 12:49 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote