View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 10:26 AM   #219
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I have so many thoughts on this, but I have to get to the gym, so they will have to wait until later, but this is a 9U game, 9 fucking U, has it really become that serious and what does that say about us as a society.

Has it become that serious? Yes

What does it say about us as a society? Same thing it has always said.

I think most of us believe that youth sports played a role in who we are today (good and bad) and helped prepare us for the real world. It is why most of us have had our children participate in youth sports. Look at our society today. Can we really say that the events on that field is not preparation for the real world as currently constituted? I know I have talked to my son about what to do if shots are fired when we are at the ball fields.

To be honest, given our legal system, that 30 second clip seems like the perfect evidence for someone to show:

a)they were engaging in self defense
b)they were in fear for their life in a chaotic situation and
c)the possibility that everyone at the field may be armed or may have had something that looked like a weapon.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote