View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 01:48 PM   #267
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post

Sometimes you'd think it was a kid taking a game off but I know better. He's just trying to be perfect which is making him slower and thoughtful.

Oh well

I'm going to ask a question that, honestly, I'm not entirely sure how to phrase. Please just know that what I'm trying to ask isn't meant as any sort of ... insult, or anything of the sort. I'm just trying to sort out your description & what it has rattling around in my head.

He's been coached, and coached well best I can tell from the tales of his journey ... but what are his instincts like? His baseball, or even simply athletic, instincts I mean?

I read that "trying to be perfect ... making him slower and thoughtful" and my first reaction was "okay, so he's trying to be too 'fine'" And then I thought about that some more.

Where does the element of "trying to fit in all the pieces he's learned" meet with "doing anything that comes naturally"? What's left in his swing, or his delivery, that's just ... natural? That flows without needing to think?

Could he just be hitting a (temporary) limit on how much can be done that requires thought as opposed to coming naturally?

Again, apologies if I didn't phrase this well. It's not criticism in any manner way shape or form, I'm just trying to work through to a notion about what might be serving as a roadblock at the moment.