View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #20
aston217
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
ADDITIONS:

A "525+" rating per combine rating. This comes from Malcpow's work that suggests that having a combine score better than the listed number significantly increases the odds that it's related skill is ABOVE AVERAGE. For instance, if a QB's dash score is 4.55s or better, chances are high that the QB scrambling rating is above average (525+). Critical variables here are the %'s that RKG has identified. For this example, the dash comprises ~85% of the scrambling rating, so there is a margin of error. That's a fairly absolute correlation, so things get a bit sketchy with lower percentages and/or skills that have known split attributes but the combine scores listed still seem like a fairly safe gauge.

Oooh, I think this is a big one. These numbers are important. I would argue also the other way around. chuckd and I are having a disagreement on where we think a guy's GD bar is going to end up, for instance. He's hoping it will be pretty high, given the WR is a VU stud. However, I'm completely convinced it won't do much, given that his agility score was below a 7.20.

aston217 is offline   Reply With Quote