View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 01:26 PM   #434
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Can someone tell me how I've done?

Not bad, with maybe some possible tweaks.

Quote:
Monday dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern
Tuesday dinner: Boma
Wednesday dinner: Chip & Dale's Harvest Feast at the Garden Grill
Thursday dinner: 50s Prime Time Cafe
Friday dinner: San Angel Inn

LTree is basically like having Thanksgiving dinner. It's a staple of our many trips, though usually midweek (as a fried/burger break)

Our Boma dinner was simply out of this world. Arguably, overall, maybe the best meal I've had in my life.

Garden Grill is your one that I see. Maybe it's improved over the years that have passed since our visit but it's the only truly abysmal sit-down dining experience we had at WDW. Food was weak, service was even weaker. I'd skip dinner before I'd ever go to it again.

50's PT is fun, at least if you enjoy campy/kitschy. Much more fun for us however, in the same park, is Sci-Fi Drive In.

San Angel Inn is kind of a mixed bag IMO. The ambience is neat, the food is entirely mediocre. A lot of people seem to find the former makes up for the latter enough that it's a do-at-least-once kind of thing.

The one possible critique of your scheduling is that you have your two heaviest meals on the first couple of days, you're very front loaded.

Quote:
Anyone you'd leave off for somewhere else? Looking for both kid entertainment and decent food. The plan would be to have breakfast at our place on the way in to the park and either a snack or lunch quick, with maybe a breather in the afternoon before heading back in for dinner.

I'm assuming everything I'm about to mention is still open & functioning normally, but definitely check for the latest circumstances on them as construction & what not is always happening at WDW somewhere

Epcot has your best dining options generally speaking. I liked Marakesh (Morroco pavillion) surprisingly well on a lunch visit, one of the best themed (tho totally touristy version) restaurants there. And the belly-dancer we had was kinda hot Rose & Crown Pub (UK pavillion) is THE way to enjoy the fireworks, IF you get the patio seating. Le Cellier (Canada) is very strong too, though pricey even by Disney standards. If they've started offering their lunch option, it's a heavy but very satisfying alternative. Always reminds me of the good old days of dining ala Steak & Ale (if you recall them in their heyday then you know the drill there).

Also there, Coral Reef at Epcot let's you surf n' turf while surrounding by fish in wall sized aquariums.

At MK, we consider The Plaza to be one of the better hidden jewels of Disney dining. It's just burgers, hot dogs,sandwiches but semi-hidden near the front of MK, it's basically a sit-down way to have counter service fare while enjoying air conditioning. And it's priced same as the counter service essentially. It's perfectly situated for lunch on your way out of MK before heading to the room for an afternoon nap/break.

Columbia Harbor House (kinda around the corner from Liberty Tree) with chicken or fish options, is another sort of in between feeling option. It's really a counter serv but can feel a little less mall McDonald's than some of the others.

For walk-ups at the various parks, there's the seasonally operated Tomorrowland Terrace (between Main Street & Tomorrowland). A bit different menu than the other burgers/fries oriented counter servs. Cosmic Ray's, with the animatronic floor show, is a fun bit of burger & fries. Snack-time, Aloha Isle is usually just called "the Dole Whip place", probably my wife's one "absolutely gotta" food stop during a visit.