View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 01:41 PM   #52
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Not everyone who plays this game is an IT nerd.
I'm not an IT guy. I haven't taken any classes whatsoever in coding/IT/computers since 1987 (my Senior year in high school.) People like primelord and Celeval had a leg up on me because they were IT guys who had used their skills to study the game. So rather than complaining about it when primelord parsed 10,000 game logs and shortly thereafter became the first person to go 19-0 in IHOF, or when Celeval was in my division in one league and in my conference in another and out-drafting me season after season, instead I put in some time teaching myself enough about coding to better examine the things I felt I needed to be more competitive.

Quote:
There are a fair few people out there who feel the same, but being Ben's board and all, don't put themselves forward.
If this is true, then they're just snowflakes who can't take someone disagreeing with them. No one has ever been disciplined here for offering a different opinion than mine.

Quote:
Sure we might be in the minority but all the same we are entitled to our opinion.
Yes, you are entitled to your opinions, and I am also entitled to mine. They differ. Big deal. People disagree. Mine is related to this...
Quote:
When you have been really enjoying a game for a while and investing time, and you find out IT guys are using their skills outside of the game it is perfectly understandable to be a little taken aback.
Because of my own experience, no I do not find it perfectly understandable when people are taken aback and whine about what someone else can do. I find it to be just.....whining. In my opinion, either invest the time to figure out how to compete in that way or other ways, or stfu with the whining about others doing so. But I find whining about how someone else is finding success to be the polar opposite of being competitive.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 05-05-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote