View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #18
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2006-2007 SEASON RECAP

So to start Coach Charles 8th season, we lost to Cosby, an independent team 71-70. I suppose flukes do happen. But after that? Well...let's just say it was a long year of the different sort.

When you have three lottery picks on your roster, it can be a game changer and for us, the game has indeed changed.

Fueled by Garcia Leon's 24.2 PPG and the tandem of Emeka Iwu (15.0 PPG, 6.4 RPG) and Lily Thompson (6.3 APG, 13.7 PPG), the Pronghorns were unstoppable through the regular season.

The Major Conference thing has worked out better than I anticipated, but because we've risen to the occasion not because the competition has wilted.

After a perfect regular season in the conference (28-1, 16-0) we had to get through the conference tournament to a likely 1-seed, a team first. They accomplished the task with aplomb and went into the tournament 31-1.

We were the #1 seed in the West Region.

NCAA TOURNAMENT
1st round: 16 Bucknell, W 86-66
Just a programming note, South region #2 seed Nebraska lost to 15-seed Grambling State 86-83
2nd round: 8 Clemson, W 80-63
Sweet 16: 4 Arkansas, L, 104-84

And with that, the dream season ends! Very disappointing as I thought this was surely the year we were going to go all the way after so much success. But for the 3rd straight year we lost in the Sweet 16.

In the Final Four:

4) Arkansas, 3) Mississippi State, 1) Purdue, 2) St. John's.

Purdue beat St. John's in the title game. It was their first title in school history.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote