View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 07:26 PM   #7
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I think the only other Thin Lizzy song I know (besides Boys) is Jailbreak (I assume that's the name, never looked it up), which I consider meh. Can you elaborate?

Whiskey In The Jar (which the band was pissed ever got released) is probably the most obvious omission there. Cowboy Song maybe next.

The real genius of Phil Lynott (whose aura, in total honesty, probably benefits from the mystique of dying too soon to some degree ... the social media era might not have been as kind to him as history has been) is better found by considering the entire body of work & the talent that passed through the band over its existence. Truly a case where the whole exceeds the sum of the parts.

Incidentally, remaining members of the later lineup still perform in a style reminiscent of classic Thin Lizzy. Fans definitely should enjoy what is done now under the name Black Star Riders.