View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #359
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Speaking of tire fires...well, that's pretty much the entire Carolina roster at this point. Aside from the game against the Pens that they nearly gagged away, they've been pretty much blitzed by every team they've faced over the past couple of weeks. Tonight was just more of the same. Choppy play, sloppy defense, more "gliding" over skating, etc. Overall, the team is pretty well stuck in a rut.

The media focus whenever it shifts to Carolina is now beginning the inevitable "Maurice may be in trouble" storyline. Not too surprising as aside from the several months after he replaced Laviolette and goosed them into the playoffs in 2009 and the frantic push to get out of the massive hole they found themselves in 2010, the team has played mediocre at best hockey. I will say it's not entirely on him, though. Rutherford's choices in free agency this offseason have not worked out so far (*cough*Kaberle*cough*cough*), either.

Of course, the inevitable problem is, who replaces Maurice? After all, Laviolette is still coaching in Philadelphia right now, so you can't bring him back (even though I think he'd just as soon light himself on fire as come back given the acrimony between him and Karmanos and Rutherford). No chance at recycling as a result.

I am saying this with complete honesty.

I watched the entire game Saturday night (full disclosure: It was the Pens feed, so it was Steigerwald and Errey). If you would have questioned me after, I would have bet you Kaberle did not play. I did not hear his name or notice him at any point.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote