View Single Post
Old 12-13-2003, 10:11 PM   #1
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Out: kcchief19 (knee)

Well, I officially hate snow. We got about 4-5 inches of snow today on top of some snow/ice that we got the other day. The snow plows came through our neighborhood and blocked my driveway pretty good, so late this morning I went outside to shovel my brains out.

Got about 1/4 way down the drive way when I hit a patch of ice and my foot slipped. My knee then caught, and I went down immediately. When I hit, my knee was bent and I couldn't straighten it out. I had to straighten it out by hand. After a quick inventory, I discovered no bones extruding and I wasn't in that much pain, but I couldn't move my knee. I had first thought I had broken my leg, but once I realized that my bones seemed intact and it was only my knee, I started to hope that maybe I just had a real bad sprain or a twist.

Nobody else was home, and I didn't even see anybody else on the block outside. At this point, I figured I was going to need medical help, so I scooted into the garage and into the house, dragging my leg behind me. Luckily, my cell phone was inside the door and I didn't have to try and go upstairs. Nancy was working, so I called my mom to come pick me up in her wagon to take me the ER.

Long story short -- too late -- the early diagnosis is a ruprtured patella tendon. I meet with a surgeon on Monday to plan surgery. Apparently, I can look forward to 4-6 weeks of crutches, 3 months of a knee brace and 6 months of rehab.

Luckily, I have a great boss so I should be able to do a lot of work from home. I can't move my left leg, so I'll have to work to get some programs moved from my PC to my laptop. Luckily, I already have FOF2k4 setup, so that should eleviate some of the boredeom. But it's only been about 10 hours since the injury and I'm already stir crazy!

I was trying to draw some inspiration from Jason White tonight. Maybe I'll rehab, go back to school win the Heisman next year.

Last edited by kcchief19 : 12-13-2003 at 10:12 PM.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote