View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 03:43 PM   #259
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
The weird thing is that it was already pretty much out there that the Lakers were offering Clarkson and Randle and a couple firsts (protected), which on its surface, seems to be a better deal than Dipo and Bonis 2.

As for Boston, fits the pattern. Probably low balled Indy because Ainge is a hoarder and now they get nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
If Boston comes out of this with no Butler, no George, and no Hayward, it's got to be a failure. They should've had 2 of those three with no problem. The assets they've gathered are good, but at some point, you've got to cash them in for proven needed pieces.
Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
The reported offers the Celtics made for those guys, and the reported demands those teams made on Boston, don't mesh up with what the players are actually being traded for.

Either Ainge is a real goober to deal with, the reports are wrong, or teams are dealing with Celtics as if they have a million assets and want a ton of them back and feel they have that leverage that the Celtics "have" to do something.

https://theringer.com/nba-kevin-prit...e-eac571cec6c9
What Molson said. Plus timing was such that trading for George or Butler before signing Hayward would've either precluded signing Hayward or forced us to trade ALL of our proven depth. I was already skeptical about the rumored demands (i.e. I'd include a Brown/Nets pick/LakersKings pick, possibly 2 of 3 if GH was in the fold, but certainly not all 3) but if Indiana felt *that* offer was too good to pass up & needed to be jumped on before waiting two weeks, idk what to say. Forget Boston, I think they could've gotten an equally good offer from 3 other teams a month from now or at next year's trade deadline.

Just like how Chicago has been obsessed with Kris Dunn for a year+. Between him,
MCW, Rondo, Grant & Cam Payne I'm starting to suspect their PG evaluations aren't that great...
Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
Even if they come out with just Hayward, and I'm not convinced they will after they missed on Butler and George, that's still a failure. This is their last real chance to go for it coz of IT's sweetheart deal, similar to Curry's deal last season. Next season this chance is gone.

Think Boston ends up as the big loser overall because Ainge doesn't want to deal with others.
I'll be ecstatic if we "just" come away with Hayward, though I think it is still the same 50/50 he comes. I hate what we did with the #1, and we need to trade one of Bradley/Jae/Marcus, but gutting the team for a possible rental in George (and cap wise we would've had to) really didn't make sense once you got into the minutiae.

I think every Boston fan is also as big a fan of Jaylen as Nate Duncan is, and the idea he won't possibly be a good player until his 2nd contract is laughable. He was already absurdly good at 1v1 defense for a rookie, improved immensely over the course of the season, shot better than anyone thought, & was only on 2nd team because he played on a competent team and had to earn minutes (just like Jamal Murray, who I'd also take over all non-Embiid 1st-teamers). I value him more as an asset than either the Nets or Lakers/King pick, which I don't think will be as high as people are expecting. (Or were worth trading Fultz for.) Though there's always hope in the lottery that Nets pick will be #1 again!
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote