View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #105
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
I get this, but I wouldn't think it be that much of an impact. National TV coverage would be limited to a handful of VS games, and the NBC games come spring would be afternoon games. Regional, maybe slightly more, but alot like Pittsburgh and Buffalo, isn't Detroit pretty solid already in regional broadcasts?

I just think it would help ratings. Detroit is one of America's top draws, and getting more of their games on in prime hours out east has got to be beneficial. And regionally I'm sure they draw well, but perhaps they could draw even better playing against eastern teams.

Quote:
I hear this. Pens opened the season @VAN (Thurs), @CAL (Saturday), @EDM (Sunday). I was in bed at 1:15am Thursday (stupid shootout), 12:45am Saturday and midnight Sunday. I was worthless (more than usual) at work Monday.

See, that sucks. Now imagine being a Red Wings fan and having trips like that occur several times a year. Brutal.

It's funny but I actually would prefer the Jets stay in the Southeast than go into the Northwest (not that it will ever happen). I'm sure I can learn to hate the state of Florida just as much as Alberta over time, and if I can get it done by 9-10pm all the better
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote