View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #37
hyde4us11
Coordinator

McGinnis CL's #1 Pitcher in September
Wednesday, October 1st, 2098: The Havana Banana Sluggers owe Ed McGinnis a lot for his performance this past month. One of the league's most dominant starters in September, McGinnis tore up the opposition with a fine 5-1 mark on his way to the Continental League Pitcher of the Month award.

"When you're pitching this well," analyzed McGinnis, "it's a lot easier to come to the park. I don't judge my performance by the stats, I judge it -- the team judges it -- by the score of the game. I could say I'm tossing electric stuff right now and that would go over big. But if I toss that same stuff -- exact same pitch selection and location -- and they bang me around tomorrow, I was awful. That's the way baseball is."

It was McGinnis who did the banging in September as he tossed up 39 strikeouts in 46.1 innings, holding opponents to a .178 average and posting a 1.75 ERA.

This season McGinnis has fanned 187 in 227.1 innings and collected a 18-11 record with a 3.13 ERA.

Wildcats Hurler Named September's Top Starter
Wednesday, October 1st, 2098: It was a very good month for Juan Denúñez in September. The 35-year-old veteran starter for the Las Vegas Wildcats outpitched everybody -- young and old -- to claim the Republic League Pitcher of the Month award earlier today.

Denúñez ran up a 5-0 record in his 6 starts during the month. In 43.1 innings he fanned 30 and recorded a 1.66 ERA.

This year Denúñez has a 16-7 record and a 3.06 ERA.