View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 01:57 AM   #150
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yikes, thanks, I didn't even realize. Thought it was about 18 months. Most interesting thing has probably been how much I've adopted Python at work off the back of trying to make this thing - some of which has made my team's lives a lot easier (or at least, a lot less monotonous).

Only update I have lately is I've revisited the player generation/progression logic that I put aside because I thought of a way to do it. During player generation, I determine a 'ceiling' for each player, as well as their age, athletic profile and 'personality' attributes. The players are then "grown" to their current age with all progression being applied as it would during a normal offseason.

Currently the plan is to have players only progress in the offseason, but I like the idea of having a chance of 'bonuses' applied to player's attributes over the course of a season based on court time. The bonuses would take into account the player's potential in each rating, and be lost in the offseason, but playing time would also be a factor in offseason progression. I think it kind of models what happens in reality to some players, but I'm not sure if it will make its way in initially.